The following outlines what our clinic is doing to ensure your safety:
What we are asking you to do:
Prior to Arrival:
- Complete a thorough and honest pre-screening before your appointment. Please follow this link: BC COVID-19 Symptom Self-Assessment.
- If you are experiencing any signs or symptoms of COVID-19, please stay home.
- Let your therapist know if you have a specific piece of personal protective equipment you would like them to wear.
At the Clinic:
- Try to maintain physical distancing as best as possible within our practice setting.
- Chairs will be available in the reception area, spaced appropriately apart.
- Please arrive unaccompanied.
- Do not arrive too early. Wait until just before your scheduled appointment time.
- Hand sanitizer is available for your use in the reception area and we ask that you sanitize your hands when you arrive.
- Hand sanitizer is also be available for your use in the treatment room.
- Disinfecting wipes, paper towels and tissues will be provided for you to use as a barrier to high-touch surfaces, if desired.
What we are doing:
We are doing our best to ensure our practice setting mitigates the risks of COVID transmission as much as possible:
- Our RMTs use the BC COVID-19 self-assessment tool.
- Our RMTs will not provide in-person care and will stay home if they have any symptoms of COVID-19.
- We do our best to stagger appointment times to avoid congestion in the reception area.
- Our cancellation policy is not currently in effect.
- As is our usual practice, we wash our hands thoroughly before and after each treatment.
- The treatment table and adjustment levers are sanitized immediately after each treatment. This includes the face cradle, arm rests, your therapist’s stool, and lotion bottle(s).
- All high-touch surfaces will be disinfected frequently. This includes:
- light switches, phones, chairs, stools, desktop surfaces
- handles: doors, cabinets, faucets
- electronic devices, tablets, keyboards and mice
- water cooler
- Linens are always single-use only and are laundered in hot soapy water.
Personal Protective Equipment (PPE):
- Your therapist will wear a mask at all times.
- Your individual personal boundaries will be respected and your RMT will support your request for additional PPE to be worn.
- We have disposable masks available for you, if needed.
- We have latex gloves available for your RMT to use, if requested.